Today, Kristy and Lizzie created a sweet aroma in the office as they prepared and served us this delicious recipe. Even if you don’t care for these veggies, these would be worth creating in your own kitchen. It’s all about getting creative and taking chances in life, isn’t it? And I’m glad they did today. “Winners take chances!”
- 1 zucchini
- 1 1/2 small shallots, peeled and finely chopped
- 2 spring onions, trimmed and finely chopped
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 green chili, very finely chopped (use more if you like it hot)
- 1/4 cup fresh Ezekiel bread crumbs
- 1 egg beaten
- 1/2 cup of feta or goat cheese
- 1 tbsp fresh coriander, chopped
- ¼ tsp Celtic Sea Salt
- 2/3 cup FAGE Total Greek Yogurt
- Grate the zucchini and squeeze the moisture out by hand. Place in a large bowl.
- Chop and fry the shallots and spring onions in hot oil until translucent. Add the green chili and remove from heat. |Add the shallots, spring onion and chili to the zucchini and then add the Ezekiel bread crumbs, beaten egg, feta, coriander, salt and pepper. Mix well with a fork. Form into patties with your hands, flattening slightly.
- Fry patties in olive oil in a nonstick frying pan on medium heat, turning a couple of times until cooked through, golden and slightly crisp on the outside.
To serve, plate and garnish with a spoonful of *FAGE 0% Greek Yogurt.
*FAGE 0% Greek Yogurt is a healthy hand in the kitchen. Due to its thick, creamy texture, it can easily replace higher-calorie foods, such as cream, mayonnaise, crème fraiche and sour cream. Cut the calories — enhance the taste.